Race Street Range is honored to present a custom class from Chuck Haggard of Agile Training & Consulting. Continuing our theme of "everything but the gun" tools of self-defense, and dovetailing with our Pepper Spray Instructor class, Civilian Pepper Spray and Flashlight Use is a deep dive into two important - but often underappreciated - tools that can be carried by almost anyone, almost everywhere.
This class is suitable for you whether or not you carry a gun, and does not involve live OC exposure. Cost is $200 inclusive.
Register and receive payment instructions by emailing info (at) racestreetrange.com with your name, address, and phone number, with subject line "Pepper and Light Use Class"
Note: date is set, times subject to change.
- Note taking materials
- Flashlight suitable for carrying in a pocket or purse
- Dummy handgun and concealed carry holster (if you carry)
- Pistol mounted light (if you use one)
Topics covered will include:
- Incident avoidance via the MUC (Managing Unknown Contacts) paradigm, and integrating MUC into one's personal defense tactics.
- Escalation/de-escalation of force.
- Examination of realistic less than lethal force options for the non LEO (or off duty LEO...), integration of OC spray into the personal defense paradigm, including how to incorporate spray into empty hand tactics, low light and/or defensive handgun training/use.
- Integration of flashlights into the personal defense and home defense paradigms, including how to incorporate light in both defensive and offensive contexts.
- Cornering, working doorways, using tactical angles, all in a home defense paradigm, and how to incorporate light use and reading your environment to your best advantage.
- Working alone or with a partner/family member to best advantage.