Race Street Range is excited to bring Chuck Haggard of Agile Training & Consulting to Philadelphia for his new and unique instructor level OC/pepper spray class for the non-law enforcement user. While the information presented will be useful in an LE role, the focus is the use of OC spray in the personal defense paradigm.
There are no prerequisites for this class, and it does not involve live OC exposure. Cost is $300 inclusive, for a certification valid for three years.
Register and receive payment instructions by emailing info (at) racestreetrange.com with your name, address, and phone number, with subject line "Pepper Spray Instructor"
Note: date is set, times subject to change.
- Note taking materials
- Dummy handgun (blue gun) with appropriate concealed carry holster
- If instructor candidate commonly carries a defensive knife, then a dummy version of that gear would also be appropriate, but is not required
Topics covered will include:
- The why of less than lethal options for personal defense.
- Examination of what less than lethal/less lethal options are viable for the non LEO or off duty officer.
- Integration of OC spray into the personal defense paradigm, including how to incorporate spray into empty hand tactics, low light and/or defensive handgun training/use.
- Incident avoidance via the MUC (Managing Unknown Contacts) paradigm, and integrating MUC into one's personal defense tactics.
- Escalation/de-escalation of force.
- Weapon retention and disarming.
- Integrating inert OC drills into a personal defense training plan.
- Field decon in the event of an OC exposure via criminal assault.